RSS Feed for This PostCurrent Article

Even Brief Voice Mails Can Be Bad

Many times voice mails from sales reps are horrible because they are too long and go into a sales pitch. Here’s one that very brief, but nonetheless horrible. Thanks to Tim Freeze for sending it in. I have scrambled the audio of the guy’s name, company, and phone number.

Wow! That was painful. Here’s a resource that will show you exactly how to craft an interest-creating voice mail message, that actually is an opening statement as well. And, I will personally review it for you.

Trackback URL

1. 8 Comment(s)

2. By Daniel on Aug 11, 2009 | Reply

Poor guy, He sounds like he is having a rough day. That or this was his first day on the job and he had no clue what he was doing.

Art you should call them! Could be a good lead for you to train them on how to leave proper VM’s.

3. By Tony on Aug 12, 2009 | Reply

Can’t wait to call him back, what an exciting message he left! Please train this guy & the company that pushes him to leave a message like this.

4. By David on Aug 14, 2009 | Reply

I agree with Daniel. Art, you need to contact his company ASAP and get then some phone sales training. This is a good lead for “Business By Phone”.

5. By Gail on Aug 14, 2009 | Reply

Yikes - sounds like me before Art’s classes

6. By Darrel Beehner on Aug 14, 2009 | Reply

I hope you intentionally blurred his company name and phone number, otherwise this gentleman has concerns far greater than his inability to leave an intriguing message.

7. By Stephen on Aug 15, 2009 | Reply

Cause could be personal, anything from having a bad day or wanting to go to the loo

8. By Paul Castain on Aug 15, 2009 | Reply

File this under “Wow!”. Disastrous would be a step up.

Respectfully,
    Paul Castain

9. By Alex Ozanne on Aug 17, 2009 | Reply

Shocking call, unless it’s his first day there’s simply no excuse. WHile like Stephen I want to empathise if the guy’s sick, really as a customer I couldnt care less and if you’re trying to get me to buy sympathy isn’t your best tool!

A good salesman looks past his own issues to create an exciting experience for the customer. If Im feeling sick or down, I dont want it to be obvious to customers at all and so create my own positive attitude.

You must be logged in to post a comment.